Savory Pot Roast
Ninja® Kitchen Team Signature RecipeSee more from the collection
Viewing recipe forModel #: MC501
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
Usually made with red wine, this recipe has an equal chance of becoming a favorite if you substitute 1 cup of beef broth. Red wine or no red wine, it's a dinner winner.
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
¼ cup olive oil,
2 carrots, peeled and chopped,
1 stalks celery, chopped,
1 medium onion, chopped,
3 cloves garlic, crushed,
1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes in puree,
1 cup each red wine and beef broth,
3 sprigs fresh thyme,
2 sprigs fresh rosemary,
1 tablespoon butter, softened
Parts & accessories for your product
- Coat beef with 1/4 cup flour.
- Pour oil into pot. Set to STOVETOP HIGH and heat oil. Add beef to pot. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove beef from pot.
- Add remaining oil, carrots, celery, onion and garlic to pot. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, wine, broth, thyme, and rosemary and heat to a boil.
- Return beef to pot. Set to SLOW COOK LOW for 6-8 hours. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender.
- Remove beef to cutting board. Stir butter and remaining flour in bowl. Stir butter mixture into pot. Set to STOVETOP HIGH. Cook uncovered for 2 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve beef with gravy.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Cook pot roast in about half the time: Set pot to SLOW COOK HIGH for 4 hours.