Smokey Pinto Chile Beans
Viewing recipe forNinja® Mega Kitchen System®Model #: BL770
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
1/2 onion, peeled,
1/2 red bell pepper,
4 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp. oil,
1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with juice,
2 tsp. dried oregano,
1 tsp. ground cumin,
1 tsp. kitchen bouquet™ (optional),
3/4 tsp. liquid smoke,
1/4 tsp. ancho chile powder (or use any chile powder),
1 lb. pinto beans, washed & soaked overnight,
4-6 cups vegetable broth,
1 tsp. salt
- Place chilies, onion, bell pepper & garlic in Single Serve Cup. Press the Single Serve button & pulse to chop.
- Remove the blades from the cup after blending.
- In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add chopped vegetables & saute until softened.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, cumin, kitchen bouquet, liquid smoke & chile powder & stir to combine.
- Add beans with soaking water & enough vegetable broth to cover by 2-inches.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a low simmer & cook until tender, about 11/2 to 2 hours. About 10 minutes before beans are done, adjust seasonings, if desired.
- Remove one-half of cooked beans & cool to room temperature. Transfer the beans to Pitcher & blend on 2 until smooth.
- Pour back into soup pot & stir to combine, heating through. Serve hot.