Seared Steak and Asparagus
Viewing recipe forNinja™ Foodi™ NeverStick® 10 1/4-Inch Fry Pan Model #: C10026
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 1 uncooked New York strip steak (10–12 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil, separated
- Kosher salt, as desired
- Ground black pepper, as desired
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Pat steak dry. Brush steak on all sides with 1/2 tablespoon canola oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss asparagus with remaining canola oil, then season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Place Ninja 10-Inch Frying Pan on stove and heat on high for 3 minutes.
- Carefully place the steak in the pan and allow to cook without moving for 4 minutes.
- Use silicone-tipped tongs to carefully flip the steak, then reduce heat to medium-high. Add the asparagus to the pan. Cook the steak for another 4 minutes or until the steak reaches 125°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the steak from the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes. It will continue to cook to a food-safe temperature while resting. Use a cooking thermometer to ensure a food-safe temperature has been achieved.
- Continue to cook asparagus for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and slice steak. Serve immediately.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
This recipe was designed to create a medium rare steak. If you prefer further doneness, increase cook time and continue to check steak with a thermometer.