Garlic Parmesan Hand-Cut French Fries
Viewing recipe forNinja® Air Fryer Max XL Model #: AF150
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 1 pound russet potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes), cut in thin matchsticks
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Soak raw fries in cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch. After 30 minutes, strain fries and pat completely dry. The drier the fries, the better they will crisp.
- Place fries and 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large mixing bowl; toss to combine.
- Insert crisper plate in basket and basket in unit. Preheat unit by selecting AIR FRY, setting temperature to 360°F, and setting time to 3 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- Once unit is preheated, place fries on crisper plate; reinsert basket.
- Select AIR FRY, set temperature to 360°F, and set time to 26 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin cooking.
- After 12 minutes, remove basket and shake fries or toss them with silicone-tipped tongs. Reinsert basket to resume cooking.
- While fries are cooking, in a large mixing bowl, combine remaining canola oil, minced garlic, garlic powder, salt, parsley, and Parmesan.
- Check fries after 24 minutes. For crispier fries, continue cooking up to 2 more minutes.
- When cooking is complete, toss fries in bowl with garlic-Parmesan mix and serve immediately.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Shaking fries during cooking is key for making them crispy and golden brown, so shake or toss with silicone-tipped tongs frequently.