Air-Crisped Pickle Spears with Special Sauce
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 4-in-1 Indoor Grill with 4-Quart Air Fryer Model #: AG300
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 12 dill pickle spears
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 box (4 1/2 ounces) seasoned coating mix
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Add flour to a shallow bowl. Add eggs and egg white to a second shallow bowl and whisk thoroughly for 60 seconds (the more aerated the eggs, the sturdier the coating on the pickles). In a third shallow bowl, add seasoned coating mix.
- Pat pickle spears dry. Toss 2 pickles in flour until evenly coated. Gently tap them off to remove excess flour, then coat in egg wash. Transfer pickles to bread crumbs, tossing well to evenly coat. Place pickles on a plate. Repeat with remaining pickles. Place plate of pickles in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Insert crisper basket in unit and close hood. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 375°F, and set time to 18 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating. Remove pickles from freezer and spray on all sides with cooking spray.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, arrange pickles evenly in basket. Close hood to begin cooking for 9 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise in a small bowl to make sauce and set aside.
- After 9 minutes, flip pickles using rubber-tipped tongs. Close hood to resume cooking for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, check pickles’ doneness. If desired, close hood and continue cooking up to 2 more minutes.
- When cooking is complete, remove pickles using rubber-tipped tongs and serve with immediately with sauce.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
For added flavor, add 1 tablespoon hot sauce to egg mixture in step 1.