Rice & Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 4-in-1 Indoor Grill with 4-Quart Air Fryer Model #: AG300
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 6 red or green bell peppers, top 1/2-inch sections cut off and reserved, seeds and ribs removed from the insides
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, peeled, diced
- 2 bags (8.5 ounces) instant rice, cooked
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 1 package (1 ounce) fajita spice mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilis, drained
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 bag (8 ounces) shredded Colby Jack cheese, divided
- Chop the 1/2-inch portions of reserved bell peppers and place in a large mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients to mixing bowl, except whole bell peppers and half the cheese.
- Use cooking pot without grill grate or crisper basket installed. Close the hood. Select ROAST, set temperature to 350°F, and set time to 32 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While unit is preheating, spoon the mixture into the peppers, filling them up as fully as possible. If necessary, lightly press mixture down into the peppers to fit more in.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place peppers, standing upright, in the pot. Close hood and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, evenly sprinkle remaining cheese over the top of the peppers. Close hood and cook for the remaining 2 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, serve immediately.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
This salsa makes a tasty topper for grilled meats, chicken, and fish. It goes great with chips, too.