Reverse Sear Horseradish Roast Beef
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ Pro 5-in-1 Indoor Grill with Integrated Smart Probe, 4-Quart Air Fryer Model #: AG400
- 1/4 cup creamy horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh herbs, such as rosemary and parsley
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 eye of round beef roast (up to 2 pounds), maximum 3 inches thick
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except beef. Using a knife, score beef by making shallow diagonal cuts across all surfaces of beef. This will help the sauce adhere to beef.
- Coat beef on all sides with horseradish sauce, rubbing sauce into score marks made by knife.
- Plug temperature probe into unit. Insert Ninja® Roasting Rack in pot and close hood (make sure the grill grate or air crisp basket is removed from the unit). Select ROAST and set temperature to 250°F (there is no time adjustment available or necessary when using the TEMP iQ function).
- Select TEMP iQ and set temperature to 105°F. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While unit is preheating, insert probe into center of beef (See probe placement instructions in your Owner's Guide).
- Once the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place beef on the roasting rack. Close hood over the probe cord.
- When the unit beeps and the probe icon flashes to signify cooking is complete, select START/STOP. Then select ROAST and set temperature to 500°F. Select TEMP iQ and set temperature to 125°F. Close hood and select ROAST again to skip preheat. When "Add Food" appears on the display, open and close hood and continue cooking until the unit beeps and the probe icon flashes to signify cooking is complete.
- Remove beef from unit and allow it to rest up to 10 minutes before serving (it will continue cooking to the desired doneness even after removed from the grill). To check the internal temperature at any time, press TEMP iQ for 2 seconds until the screen displays the internal temperature.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Roasts carry-over cook more than other proteins, so we recommend setting the TEMP iQ 10°F below the desired internal doneness.