Kung Pao Chicken
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi® 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP300
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 tablespoons canola or peanut oil
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small white onion, peeled, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 4 dry chiles de arbol, torn in small pieces
- 1 cup white rice, rinsed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup prepared kung pao sauce
- 1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
BAKE/ROAST (375°F): 7 MINUTES
PRESSURE COOK: 2 MINUTES
SEAR/SAUTÉ: 5 MINUTES
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add oil, chicken, salt, and pepper to the pot. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, ginger, and chiles to the pot. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add rice and stock and stir quickly to combine.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to high (HI). Set time to 2 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position.
- Add kung pao sauce to pot and stir to combine. Spread peanuts evenly over the rice.
- Close crisping lid. Select BAKE/ROAST, set temperature to 3757°F, and set time to 7 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, peanuts should be golden brown. Serve immediately.