Coq Au Vin
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305CO
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 4 strips uncooked bacon, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 4 cups (8 ounces) cremini or baby bella mushrooms, sliced 1/4-inch thick, stems removed
- 1 onion, peeled, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, divided
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups medium-bodied red wine, such as Pinot Noir or Bordeaux
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds uncooked frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) pearl onions, peeled
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small baguette, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices (about 8 slices)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Place bacon in pot. Cook until fat has rendered, and bacon is crisp, about 8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving fat in pot.
- Add mushrooms, onion, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pot. Cook until vegetables are lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in 3 cloves garlic, tomato paste, and thyme and cook for 1 minute, then stir in flour and cook for 1 minute more. Add wine and bay leaf, bring to boil, then select START/STOP to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ. Add chicken and carrots to the pot.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 15 minutes, and select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by turning the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Place reversible rack in the pot in the higher position. Toss pearl onions in 1 tablespoon oil, remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper, and place on rack. Close crisping lid. Select BAKE/ROAST, set temperature to 375°F, and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- After 10 minutes, slide onion into the pot and remove the rack. Stir onions into the stew.
- Put the rack back in pot in the higher position over stew. Rub baguette slices with remaining 1 clove garlic, and brush with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Place slices on rack. Close lid, select BROIL, and set time to 6 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- After 3 minutes, flip baguette slices. Close lid to resume cooking.
- When cooking is complete, remove rack with bread from pot. Stir in cooked bacon and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with toasted baguettes.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
If you want to use fresh chicken thighs instead of frozen, reduce pressure cooking time by 5 minutes.