Spanish Tortilla (Tortilla Española)
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi® 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced in 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 onion, peeled, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Combine potatoes, onion, water, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in pot.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 1 minute, and select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by turning the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to HIGH. Select START/STOP to begin. Cook, without stirring, to evaporate liquid and begin browning, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together eggs, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper until frothy.
- After 5 minutes, select START/STOP to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ. Add egg mixture to pot.
- Select BAKE/ROAST, set temperature to 400°F, and set time to 7 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Cooking is complete when eggs are set and release easily from the side of the pot. Place a large plate upside down over the pot and, using oven mitts or a dish towel, remove pot with plate on top. Invert pot and tortilla onto the plate. Remove pot, set another large plate on top of the tortilla, and invert it right-side up. Remove top plate. Let tortilla sit for 3 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
For evenly sliced potatoes, use a mandoline slicer on the 1/4-inch setting. This dish is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even as an appetizer. Serve it with garlic aioli or sriracha mayo for dipping.