Orange Blossom Chicken
Justin Warner's Spotlight RecipesSee more from the collection
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305CO
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 oranges
- 1 whole chicken (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon instant flour
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Cut the oranges in half. Zest and juice both oranges in a small mixing bowl, reserving the juiced halves. Stuff the orange halves in to the cavity of the chicken.
- Add the salt, sugar, and cream to a bowl; mix until combined.
- Place the chicken in a zip-top bag along with the cream mixture and orange zest and juice. Marinate the chicken overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Pour the chicken broth into the pot.
- Place the Cook & Crisp™ Basket in the pot. Remove chicken from marinade and place in basket. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 15 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Close the crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 20 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, remove chicken and set aside to rest.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to HIGH. Select START/STOP to begin. Add instant flour to the liquid in the pot, whisking constantly. Bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, press the Power button to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ. Ladle the sauce over the chicken and serve.