Homemade Vanilla Yogurt
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305CO
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 1 gallon (128 ounces) whole milk
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt with active live cultures
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 cup honey (optional)
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
- Pour the milk into the pot. Assemble the pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the VENT position.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Bring the milk to 180°F, checking the temperature often and stirring frequently so the milk does not burn at the bottom, about 30 minutes. Select START/STOP to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ.
- Allow the milk to cool to 110°F, continuing to check the temperature often and stirring frequently. Gently skim off the "skin" on the milk and discard.
- Stir in the yogurt and whisk until incorporated. Assemble the pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the VENT position. Let incubate for 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, transfer your yogurt to a glass container and chill for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add the vanilla and honey (if using) to the yogurt and stir until well combined. Cover and place the glass bowl back in the refrigerator or divide the yogurt among airtight glass jars. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 2 weeks.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
If you prefer a thicker, Greek yogurt style, strain the yogurt through a cheesecloth overnight in the fridge (be sure to place over large mixing bowl while draining).