Beef Stew Pot Pie
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305CO
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 pounds uncooked sirloin steaks or stew meat, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup quick-thickening flour
- 1 store-bought refrigerated pie crust, room temperature
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add oil, onion, celery, carrots, and garlic to the pot. Cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add meat and cook until browned on all sides, about 3 minutes.
- Add seasonings, potatoes, stock, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine. Select START/STOP to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 20 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Let stew come to a simmer, then add peas to pot.
- Add flour to the pot and slowly stir into stew. Allow stew to thicken, then select START/STOP to turn off SEAR/SAUTÉ.
- Lay the pie dough evenly over the top of the mixture, folding the edges under.
- Close crisping lid. Select BROIL and set time to 10 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Cooking is complete when pie crust is golden brown. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.