Homemade Fish Sticks
Viewing recipe forNinja® Air Fryer Model #: AF101
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 4 frozen tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
- Tartar sauce
- Remove tilapia from freezer. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cut each fillet into quarters.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Add eggs to another bowl. Combine bread crumbs and salt in a third bowl.
- Working in small batches, dredge tilapia in flour. Tap off excess, then coat in egg. Then coat evenly with bread crumbs.
- Insert crisper plate in basket. Preheat unit by selecting AIR FRY, setting the temperature to 390°F, and setting the time to 3 minutes. Select START/PAUSE to begin.
- After 3 minutes, place 8 fish sticks on crisper plate; insert basket in unit.
- Select AIR FRY, set temperature to 390°F, and set time to 12 minutes. Select START/PAUSE to begin.
- Halfway through cooking, select START/PAUSE to pause cooking. Remove basket from unit and flip fish sticks. Reinsert basket and select START/PAUSE to resume cooking.
- When cooking is complete, remove fish sticks from crisping plate. Squeeze lemon wedges over them and serve immediately with tartar sauce or ketchup.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 with remaining fish sticks. They can also be placed in a resealable plastic bag and frozen for cooking later.