Chili Rubbed Chicken & Chimichurri
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305CO
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 uncooked bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (3/4–1 1/4 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, peeled, cut in quarters
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together all the dried spices.
- Pat chicken breasts dry. Coat with canola oil, then season them liberally on all sides with the spice mixture.
- Preheat unit by selecting AIR CRISP, setting the temperature to 375°F, and setting the time to 5 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- After 5 minutes, add chicken to Cook & Crisp™ Basket. Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 375°F, and set time to 35 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, combine the chimichurri ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely minced, being careful not to over-blend.
- After 25 minutes, check chicken for doneness. Cooking is complete when internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cook for up to 35 minutes. When cooking is complete, allow chicken to cool for 5 minutes, then serve with a generous amount of chimichurri.