Pulled Pork with Crispy Biscuits
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi® 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 1/2–3 pounds uncooked boneless pork shoulder, fat trimmed, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) refrigerated biscuit dough
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Place pork, spices, and vinegar in the pot. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 35 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP to begin.
- Add tomato paste and stir to incorporate. Allow pork to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half. Stir occasionally, using a wooden spoon or silicone tongs to shred the pork.
- Tear each uncooked biscuit so that it is in two halves, like a hamburger bun. Place biscuit halves evenly across the surface of the pork.
- Close crisping lid. Select BAKE/ROAST, set temperature to 350°F, and set time to 10 minutes. Check after 8 minutes, cooking for an additional 2 minutes if biscuits need more browning.
- When cooking is complete, serve immediately.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
If you prefer slightly sweeter BBQ, add 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar in step 5.