Garlic Shrimp with Risotto Primavera
Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305CO
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, peeled, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, minced, divided
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 5 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 16 uncooked jumbo shrimp (fresh or defrosted), peeled, deveined
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: NATURAL 10 MINUTES
- Select SEAR/SAUTÉ and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP to begin. Allow to preheat for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and onion to pot. SAUTÉ until softened, about 5 minutes. Add half the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with 2 teaspoons salt.
- Add stock and rice to pot. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 7 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- While rice is cooking, toss shrimp in the remaining oil, garlic, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a mixing bowl.
- When pressure cooking is complete, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Stir butter, lemon juice, and asparagus into the rice until evenly incorporated.
- Place reversible rack inside pot over risotto, making sure rack is in the higher position. Place shrimp on rack.
- Close crisping lid. Select BROIL and set time to 8 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, remove rack from pot. Stir Parmesan into the risotto. Top with shrimp and Parmesan and serve immediately.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
If you like to pile on the shrimp, double the amount and repeat steps 8–9 to cook in two batches.