Steak, Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus
Viewing recipe forModel #: OP302
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 5 Russet potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 teaspoons ground black pepper, divided
- 2 frozen New York strip steaks (12 ounces each, 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
Parts & accessories for your product
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Place potatoes and water into the pot.
- Place the reversible rack in the pot over potatoes, making sure rack is in the higher position. Season steaks with 1 tablespoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper, then place them on the rack.
- Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position. Select PRESSURE and set to high (HI). Set time to 1 minute. Select START/STOP to begin.
- While the unit is pressure cooking, toss the asparagus with olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Remove rack with steaks from pot and pat steaks dry. Mash potatoes with 1/4 cup butter, cream, cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper, using a mashing utensil that won’t scratch the nonstick surface of the pot.
- Return rack with steaks to pot over mashed potatoes. Place asparagus on rack next to steaks. Close crisping lid. Select BROIL and set time to 8 minutes for medium steak or 12 minutes for well-done. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, remove steaks from rack and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving with mashed potatoes and asparagus.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
WANT TO USE FRESH STEAKS INSTEAD OF FROZEN?
Don’t pressure cook them—just add them to the rack over the mashed potatoes as instructed in step 7. Broil the fresh steaks until internal temperature is at least 130°F. Flip them over halfway through broiling.