Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Viewing recipe forModel #: OP302
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 heads cauliflower, trimmed, cut in 2-inch florets
- 1 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Place cauliflower and 1/2 cup water into the pot. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to LOW. Set time to 2 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by turning the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure. Drain cauliflower and chill in refrigerator until cooled, about 10 minutes.
- Whisk together cornstarch, flour, baking powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Whisk in eggs and 1 cup water until batter is smooth. Add chilled cauliflower to bowl with batter and gently toss until well coated. Transfer coated cauliflower to baking sheet and chill in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Close crisping lid. Preheat the unit by selecting AIR CRISP, setting the temperature to 360°F, and setting the time to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange half the cauliflower in an even layer in the bottom of the Cook & Crisp™ Basket. After 5 minutes, place basket into the pot.
- Close crisping lid. Select AIR CRISP, set temperature to 360°F, and set time to 20 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin. When first batch of cauliflower is crisp and golden, transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining chilled cauliflower.
- When cooking is complete, microwave hot sauce for 30 seconds, then toss with cooked cauliflower. Serve immediately.