Viewing recipe forNinja® Foodi™ 6.5-qt. | The Pressure Cooker that Crisps™ | Air Fryer Model #: OP305CO
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 2 pounds uncooked boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- Juice and zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or 20 leaves fresh)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 large onion, peeled
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas, for serving
- Avocado, sliced
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
Foodi™ Quick Start GuideDownload
PRESSURE RELEASE: QUICK
- Place pork, garlic, orange juice and zest, oregano, salt, pepper, and chili powder in pot. Stir to combine.
- Place onion and stock in pot. Assemble pressure lid, making sure the PRESSURE RELEASE valve is in the SEAL position.
- Select PRESSURE and set to HIGH. Set time to 20 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When pressure cooking is complete, quick release the pressure by moving the PRESSURE RELEASE valve to the VENT position. Carefully remove lid when unit has finished releasing pressure.
- Select SEAR/SAUTE and set to MD:HI. Select START/STOP. Using silicone-tipped tongs, remove onion from pot and shred pork. Allow pork to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the liquid in pot is reduced, stirring occasionally.
- Once liquid is reduced, stir agave nectar into the shredded pork. Close crisping lid. Select BROIL and set time to 8 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
- When cooking is complete, stir in cilantro or parsley and add salt if needed. Place carnitas into tortillas and assemble with your favorite toppings.