Blueberry crumble pie
1 hour 35 minutes
Ninja® Kitchen Team Signature RecipeSee more from the collection
Viewing recipe forModel #: NN100
- 2 1/8 cups all-purpose flour, divided 3 /4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 9 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2-inch cubes, divided
- 3 tablespoons cold shortening, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4–1/3 cup ice-cold water 1/2 cup granulated sugar Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Parts & accessories for your product
- 1 Place 1 1/3 cups flour and 1/2 teaspoon salt into the Nutri Bowl. Select Auto-iQTM BOOST NO FUSION CHOP.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter and 3 tablespoons shortening. Select Auto-iQ BOOST YES FUSION DOUGH. While machine is running, drizzle in cold water until dough just starts to come together.
- Turn the dough out onto a large piece of plastic wrap and press it into a 1-inch thick disk. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a 12-inch circle. Place dough in center of a 9-inch pie plate. Fold the overhang under itself and crimp the edges. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly pierce the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork, then line with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake 20 minutes, then remove parchment paper and pie weights and continue baking until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool. Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, gently toss 1/3 cup flour, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and blueberries. Pour into the pie crust.
- Position the Dough Blade Assembly in the Nutri Bowl, then add 1/2 cup flour, 6 tablespoons butter, brown sugar, oats, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cinnamon.
- Select Auto-iQ BOOST NO FUSION MIX. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle dough mixture over blueberry filling.
- Bake 1 hour or until golden brown. Let cool completely.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
For the flakiest pie crust, place the butter and shortening cubes in the freezer for 20 minutes just before using.
Make dough the day before and refrigerate until using.