Dulce de Leche Bars
10 minutes Rest: 6 hours
Viewing recipe forModel #: CT680
- 2 cups roughly crushed saltine crackers, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 can (13.4 ounces) dulce de leche
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly coat an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and lightly coat with cooking spray again; set aside.
- Place 1 1/2 cups saltine crackers with sugar into the 64-ounce Precision Processor. Select CHOP until finely ground.
- Add melted butter and select CHOP.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking pan and press into bottom of pan until evenly spread. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and immediately dollop the dulce de leche on top. Gently spread over the crust until completely covered. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup saltine crackers on top.
- Let stand at room temperature for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
These bars need the time to rest to set to the proper texture—it’s worth the wait.