Chicken Pot Pie
55 - 65 minutes
Viewing recipe forNinja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer®Model #: CT682SP
Model CT680W is available for sale on ninjakitchen.com
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
4 medium carrots, peeled, cut in thirds
3 stalks celery, cut in thirds
1 1/2 small onions, peeled, cut in quarters
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup flour
4 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons milk
- To prepare crust, see Pie Dough recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place carrots, celery, and onion into the 64-ounce Precision Processor.
- Select CHOP. Transfer chopped vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
- Place chicken into the 64-ounce Precision Processor. Select CHOP.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chopped chicken and continue cooking until vegetables are softened and chicken is cooked through, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour to saucepan, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add broth, stirring constantly with a whisk, until mixture thickens to form a sauce. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the vegetables and chicken with the sauce, then pour mixture into a casserole dish. Remove one pie dough disc from refrigerator and roll out to 2 inches larger than the casserole dish. Place dough on top of filling and crimp edges. Cut vent holes in dough and brush with milk. Cook for 45 to 50 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.