Butternut Past with Bolognese Sauce
30 - 38 minutes
Viewing recipe forNinja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer®Model #: CT682SP
Model CT680W is available for sale on ninjakitchen.com
1/2 medium onion, peeled, cut in 1-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 small stalk celery, cut in 1-inch pieces
1 small carrot, cut in 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
3/4 pound uncooked ground chuck beef
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
8 fresh basil leaves, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Position Fettuccine Blade onto Collecting Bowl and assemble Feed Chute Lid. Place squash into feed chute; secure on Blade Disc pin. Firmly secure pusher. Select GO; process squash. Set aside.
- Remove Auto-Spiralizer from base; replace with 64-ounce Precision Processor. Place onion, garlic, celery, and carrot into the 64-ounce Precision Processor. PULSE 5 times, or until evenly chopped.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large skillet. Add vegetable mixture and sauté over medium heat until softened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef to skillet. Sauté, stirring frequently, until meat is cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, parsley, and basil. Cook over medium-low heat for 20 to 25 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place butternut squash noodles on a large baking sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Toss gently. Roast 10 to 12 minutes or until al dente, turning gently halfway through cooking.
- Serve butternut squash noodles topped with warm sauce and Parmesan cheese.