Roasted Beet Salad with Arugula, Goat Cheese & Walnuts
1 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 teaspoon minced shallots
1/4 teaspoon sugar
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 medium red and/or yellow beets, peeled, trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups arugula
1/2 small red onion, peeled, thinly sliced
2 large navel oranges, peeled, sliced, pith removed
1 container (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until combined; set aside.
- Position the Spaghetti Blade onto the Collecting Bowl and assemble Feed Chute Lid. Place beet into feed chute; secure on Blade Disc pin. Firmly secure pusher. Select GO; process beet. Remove beet noodles from Auto-Spiralizer and set aside. Repeat process with second and third beets.
- Toss beet noodles with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake beets for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Toss arugula and red onion in a bowl with 2 tablespoons dressing. Toss beets in a separate bowl with 1 tablespoon dressing.
- Arrange greens on plates. Top with beets, oranges, goat cheese, and walnuts. Drizzle with remaining dressing.