35 - 40 minutes
Viewing recipe forModel #: CT682SP
Model CT680W is available for sale on ninjakitchen.com
1 large yellow onion, peeled, chopped
1 cup raw cashews
1 large apple, peeled, cored, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled, chopped
2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, cubed
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
4 cups vegetable stock
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, cooking until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add cashews and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the apple, carrot, squash, thyme, and bay leaf to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes. Add the stock and stir to combine. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until the squash is easily pierced with a knife, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Allow soup to cool to room temperature.
- Working in two batches, ladle half the cooled soup into the 64-ounce Precision Processor. Select PUREE. Repeat with second batch of soup.
- Return soup to saucepan and simmer until heated through.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
DO NOT BLEND HOT INGREDIENTS