Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
2 - 4
Viewing recipe forNinja® Intelli-Sense™ Kitchen System with Auto-Spiralizer®Model #: CT682SP
Model CT680W is available for sale on ninjakitchen.com
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
1 tablespoon canola oil
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
1 jar (6 ounces) sun-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
1/2 cup dry red wine
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/4 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- Place onion and garlic into the 64-ounce Precision Processor. PULSE until roughly chopped.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Place the tomatoes with juice, sun-dried tomatoes, red wine, and red pepper flakes into the 64-ounce Precision Processor. Select PUREE and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Add tomato sauce to the saucepan with garlic and onions. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil before serving.