Rise: 1 hour
Find this recipe for your specific model.
1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/4 cup warm water
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup pizza sauce
2 cups fresh mozzarella, cut in 1/2-inch chunks
2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- To make the dough, combine the yeast, sugar, and warm water in a small bowl and set aside until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Position the Dough Blade in the 64-ounce Precision Processor, then add the flour, salt, olive oil, and yeast mixture.
- Select DOUGH for 30 seconds, or until a dough ball forms.
- Place dough ball in a lightly oiled bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until dough ball doubles in size.
- Once dough has risen, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut dough ball in half. Roll out one half into a 10-inch disc and place on a lightly oiled pan. Repeat with other half.
- Top each rolled-out dough with 1/4 cup pizza sauce, spreading it out in a thin and even layer. Sprinkle each with mozzarella and then top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cooked through. Garnish with fresh basil.