Basic Pie Dough
Makes: 1 crust
Viewing recipe forNutri Ninja® Auto-iQ® Compact System Model #: BL491
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons cold vegetable shortening baking stick, cut in half
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Place flour, salt, butter, and shortening into the 40-ounce Blend & Prep Bowl. Select Auto-iQ™ CHOP and process until butter breaks down into pea-sized bits.
- Add water to the 40-ounce Blend & Prep Bowl and select Auto-iQ™ CHOP. Process until dough just comes together. Do not overprocess.
- Remove dough to a lightly floured work surface, gently form a ball, then flatten into a 1-inch disk. Dough can be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in the refrigerator up to 2 days or in the freezer up to 3 months. Be sure to thaw dough completely before rolling out for use.
- Go ahead, embrace your inner meal prepper. We hear you, making smoothies the night before is a huge time saver. But, heads up, never store your smoothies with the blade assembly attached—active ingredients in some foods may lead to pressure buildup and possible injury. Store them with Sip & Seal™ Lids instead.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
This is a great base recipe for your favorite pies. You can even make it with gluten-free flour!