Simple Pasta Dough
15 minutes + 30 minutes rest
Makes approximately 1 pound of pasta
Viewing recipe forNinja® Mega Kitchen System® with Slicing/Shredding Model #: BL773CO
This quick and easy dough can be used for lasagna noodles or ravioli, which can be rolled out and then hand cut or can be put through a pasta maker roller.
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
1/3 cup water
- Place dough blade in the 64-ounce Food Processor. Place all ingredients into the bowl in the order listed.
- Select DOUGH and process until mixture forms a ball, 5 to 10 seconds.
- Remove dough and knead by hand for 15 minutes on a lightly floured surface. (If you are putting through a pasta maker, knead by hand for 10 minutes and feed dough through pasta maker 5 extra times.) Knead in additional flour as necessary to remove any stickiness from the dough. Dough should be firm and have a silky texture and should not split or tear jaggedly when dough has been kneaded enough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rest for 30 minutes or place in refrigerator overnight.
- Roll out dough and feed through pasta maker according to pasta maker directions (or roll out thinly for lasagna or ravioli).
- Boil 5 quarts of salted water and cook pasta for approximately 3 minutes or until just tender. Serve with your favorite sauce.