Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Viewing recipe forModel #: QB3005
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
Loaded with healthy broccoli, this hearty soup is cheesy, easy to make, and delicious!
1 clove garlic
1/2 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups broccoli florets
2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup half & half
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the onion and garlic into the 16-ounce Chopper. PULSE 3 to 5 times, using short pulses, until finely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and garlic and sweat for 5 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the broccoli florets to the pot and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add vegetable broth, bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook 25 minutes until broccoli is fork tender. Add the half & half and the cheddar cheese, and remove from the heat. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Working in batches, place half of the cooled soup into the 40-ounce Processor Bowl and blend until smooth.
- Place soup into a large bowl and repeat with remaining soup. Return pureed soup back to saucepan and simmer until heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Go ahead, embrace your inner meal prepper. We hear you, making smoothies the night before is a huge time saver. But, heads up, never store your smoothies with the blade assembly attached—active ingredients in some foods may lead to pressure buildup and possible injury. Store them with Sip & Seal™ Lids instead.