Silky Swiss and Kale Quiche
Viewing recipe forModel #: BL770
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
1 small white onion, peeled, quartered
4 cups kale
3 cloves garlic, peeled
3 tbsp. water
1 12 oz. package extra firm silken tofu
1/4 cup low fat milk
3/4 tsp. ground turmeric
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup low fat Swiss cheese, grated
- On lightly floured work surface, roll pie crust into an 11-inch circle. Arrange crust in 9-inch glass pie pan and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place the onion, kale and garlic in the Bowl and pulse to roughly chop. Remove and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. In a nonstick sauté pan, heat a little oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and kale mixture, reduce heat to medium and add the water. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until kale is softened. Uncover pan and cook until moisture evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Place tofu, milk, turmeric, nutmeg, salt and pepper in the Single Serve Cup and press the Single Serve button until smooth.
- Remove the blades from the cup after blending.
- Place pie crust on edged baking pan and layer with cheese, then sautéed vegetables and pour tofu mixture over all. Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 °F and continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes, until crust is golden brown and quiche is set and lightly golden on top. Let cool slightly before serving.
- Go ahead, embrace your inner meal prepper. We hear you, making smoothies the night before is a huge time saver. But, heads up, never store your smoothies with the blade assembly attached—active ingredients in some foods may lead to pressure buildup and possible injury. Store them with Sip & Seal™ Lids instead.