Chicken and Apple Sausage
Viewing recipe forNutri Ninja® - Ninja® Blender System with Auto-iQ®Model #: BL682
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
These homemade breakfast sausages are so healthy and delicious, you won’t believe it!
1 small onion, peeled and quartered
2 apples, peeled, cored, quartered
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, 2-inch chunks
1/3 cup fresh sage leaves
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
pinch of cinnamon
- Place the onion, apples and sage into the Food Processor Bowl. Turn unit ON then hold down "Auto-iQ™ PULSE" until finely chopped.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet. Add the onion and apples, sautéeing several minutes, until soft. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- In the same Food Processor Bowl, place the chicken thighs then hold down "Auto-iQ™ PULSE" until finely ground. Add the ground chicken to the bowl with the onion and apple mix. Add the cinnamon and season with salt and pepper. Mix well, using your hands.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Form mixture into 8 patties and bake on a parchment lined cookie sheet for about 10-12 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Go ahead, embrace your inner meal prepper. We hear you, making smoothies the night before is a huge time saver. But, heads up, never store your smoothies with the blade assembly attached—active ingredients in some foods may lead to pressure buildup and possible injury. Store them with Sip & Seal™ Lids instead.