Roasted Tomato Soup
Viewing recipe forNutri Ninja® Auto-iQ®Model #: BL481C
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
Inspired by classic Italian flavors, this delicious soup will soon become a favorite!
1/2 medium yellow onion, peeled, cut in to quarters
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 14-ounce can whole peeled tomatoes with liquid
1 cup water
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat and saute the onions and garlic until soft. Add tomatoes and water and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer all cooked ingredients into the Regular 24-ounce Nutri Ninja® Cup.
- Select "START" and blend for 25 seconds or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Remove the blades from the cup after blending.
- Transfer soup back into saucepan and add the basil and crushed red pepper. Season to taste. Warm over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes until barely simmering.
- Go ahead, embrace your inner meal prepper. We hear you, making smoothies the night before is a huge time saver. But, heads up, never store your smoothies with the blade assembly attached—active ingredients in some foods may lead to pressure buildup and possible injury. Store them with Sip & Seal™ Lids instead.