Basic Vanilla Ice Cream
10 minutes + freeze overnight
6 (1 1/2 pints)
Viewing recipe forNinja® Mega Kitchen System®Model #: BL770
Not your Ninja®?Find this recipe for your specific model.
This is the Ninja® plain vanilla ice cream recipe that is simply delicious eaten plain or with your favorite topping. You can also use it as a base for creating your own unique recipes. After blending this basic ice cream, and before removing it from the food processor, simply add in your favorite mix-ins, and with just a few pulses you can create your own unique recipes.
1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, pour 2 cups of whole milk. Add the vanilla pudding mix into the milk. Lightly whisk the mixture using a wire whisk until dissolved, approximately one minute. Do not overmix or the mixture will thicken and not be easy to pour.
- Pour the mixture into two standard ice cube trays, equally distributing between the two.
- Place the ice cube trays in the freezer and freeze for eight hours or overnight.
- In a Ninja® 56-ounce food-processing bowl fitted with the standard blade attachment, place all the frozen vanilla ice cubes. Add the remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons of whole milk and vanilla extract. Using the crush function, process for 35 to 40 seconds.
- Remove the lid, carefully remove the blades, and serve.
A tip from the Ninja® Kitchen Team
Freeze your mix-in(s) of choice and simply pulse into your ice cream immediately after the base is prepared.