Light Kiwi Lime Angel Food Cupcakes
Find this recipe for your specific model.
These fun desserts are only 15 calories each! Because they cook so quickly, it is an easy and guilt-free pleasure to whip up for family and friends.
3 tablespoons sugar,
3 egg whites,
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract,
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar,
2 teaspoons lime zest,
3 teaspoons lime juice,
2 cups water,
4 tablespoons powdered sugar,
1 kiwi, peeled, thinly sliced, and cut into quarters (pie-shaped)
- In a small bowl, combine cake flour with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- With an electric mixer set to high, beat egg whites, vanilla extract, salt, and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add 1 teaspoon lime zest and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Beat on high until mixture is fully incorporated, glossy, and stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold in by hand flour and sugar mixture in thirds until fully incorporated, keeping batter as voluminous as possible.
- Fill silicone mini-muffin tray with 1 tablespoon batter in each cup. Pour water into pot. Place roasting rack in pot and tray on rack. Set OVEN to 325°F for 15 minutes, checking after 12 minutes, and cook until cupcakes rise and a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove mini cupcakes and let cool.
- Stir together remaining lime zest, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and powdered sugar and frost the tops of the cakes. Top with kiwi.