Prosciutto Spring Vegetables and Gruyere Quiche
1 small leek, quartered, white & light green parts only, well-washed,
1 shallot, peeled,
1/2 cup prosciutto, roughly chopped,
2 tsp. olive oil,
1/2 lb. thin asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
2 tbsp. fresh tarragon,
1 cup milk,
1/2 cup light cream,
1 tsp. salt,
1 tsp. black pepper,
2 tbsp. dijon mustard,
1 1/2 cups gruyere cheese, grated
- On lightly floured work surface, roll pie crust into an 11-inch circle. Arrange crust in 9-inch glass pie pan & refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place leek & shallot in the Single Serve Cup & pulse the Single Serve button to chop. Remove the blades from the cup after blending and set aside.
- In a nonstick saute´ pan, saute´ prosciutto over medium-high heat until browned. Add oil to the pan, reduce heat to medium, add chopped vegetables & cook until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in tarragon.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Place eggs, milk, cream, salt & pepper in the Pitcher & blend on 2 until smooth.
- Place pie crust on edged baking pan. Spread mustard over bottom of crust, sprinkle with cheese, top with prosciutto & vegetables & pour egg mixture over top. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until quiche is set in the center & lightly golden on top. Cool slightly before serving.