Thai Stuffed Mushrooms
1/2 red bell pepper
1 green onion, cut in half, seeded
1/2 Serrano or thai chile (or chile of your choice)
1 clove garlic, peeled
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
8 oz. low-fat cream cheese
2 tbsp. lime juice
2 tsp. lime zest
1 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup panko crumbs
12 small stuffing mushrooms, cleaned and de-stemmed
- Place the peanuts in the Nutri Ninja® Cup. Press the Single Serve button and pulse until finely chopped. Remove the blades from the cup after blending and set aside.
- Place the bell pepper, green onion, chile, garlic and cilantro in the Nutri Ninja® Cup. Press the Single Serve button and pulse briefly to chop.
- Add cream cheese, lime juice and zest, sugar and salt and pulse until smooth.
- Remove the blades from the cup after blending and hand stir in panko.
- Preheat oven to 425 °F. Spoon mixture into mushrooms and arrange in a baking dish. Sprinkle peanuts over mushrooms and bake for 20 minutes until mushrooms are softened and cheese is puffed and browned on top. Cool slightly before serving.