White Bean and Chicken Chili
1 onion, peeled and chopped,
1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped,
3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed,
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, well-chilled,
Kosher salt and pepper to taste,
1 tablespoon ground cumin,
2 teaspoons dried oregano,
1 teaspoon ground red chili pepper,
3 cans cannellini beans, 2 cans drained,
2 4-ounce cans diced green chiles,
3 cups chicken broth,
1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded, as garnish,
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, as garnish
- Set Ninja Cooking System to STOVETOP HIGH. Add the oil, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté and stir until softened.
- Place the Top Blades in the Ninja Ultima Pitcher and add chicken. PULSE to a fine chop. Do not overprocess.
- Add the chicken to the Ninja Cooking System Pot, along with the salt, pepper, cumin, oregano and chile pepper. Stir in 2 cans drained beans, green chiles and chicken broth.
- Place remaining can of beans with liquid in the Pitcher and PULSE until smooth. Add to chili and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Garnish each serving with cheese and cilantro.