Walnut, Basil and Kale Pesto
1/4 cup basil leaves,
1/2 cup walnuts, shelled,
3 garlic cloves, peeled,
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese,
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Blanch the kale by steaming over boiling water for 1-2 minutes. While kale steams, prepare an ice cold bowl of water.
- Remove the kale and immerse into the ice cold water to stop cooking.
- Transfer the kale and remaining ingredients into the Single Serve Cup and pulse into smooth.
- Remove the blades from the cup after blending.
- Serve the pesto over whole-grain pasta or use as a spread in your favorite sandwiches.