Smokey Black Bean Soup
1/2 of a Medium Red Onion,
1/2 of a Medium Red Pepper,
1/2 of a Medium Green Pepper,
2 Garlic Cloves,
1 1/2 Tablespoons Ground Cumin,
1 Tsp Kosher Salt,
1/2 Tsp Black pepper,
3 Cans (15 oz) Black Beans, Rinsed,
4 Cups Chicken Stock,
*1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce,
1 lime, cut into ¼,
2oz Shredded Cheddar,
2 oz Sour Cream
- Chop the onion and peppers into 1 ½ inch pieces; add to the pitcher along with the garlic. Pulse 5 to 6 times, until evenly diced.
- Pour the oil into a large pot over medium heat; add the diced vegetable and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Add cumin, salt and pepper, sauté 1 more minute.
- To the pot add 2 cups of chicken stock and half of the black beans, bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile to the pitcher add the remaining beans, the chipotle pepper and 2 cups of the chicken stock.
- Pulse until smooth and add to the pot on the stove.
- Reduce the soup to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, squeeze the lime over the soup, garnish with grated cheddar and sour cream. Enjoy!