St. Louis Fried Ravioli
1 cup buttermilk,
2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs,
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese,
2 cups homemade or store bought marinara sauce, heated for dipping
- Preheat oil to 350°F.
- Set out two medium sized bowls. Place the buttermilk in one bowl and the breadcrumbs in the other.
- Working in batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely. Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back into the bowl. Dredge ravioli in the breadcrumbs. Place the ravioli on a clean plate, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- Arrange the ravioli in a single layer in the fryer basket, and lower into the oil. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Transfer the fried ravioli to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve with warm marinara sauce.