Spicy Argentinean Potato Bites with Chimichurri Sauce
1 1/2 cups russet potato cut into 1 to 2” cubes,
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika (hot, sweet or smoked),
1 teaspoon salt,
1 cup packed flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped,
3 garlic cloves,
2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 cup olive oil,
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar,
1 teaspoon kosher salt,
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper,
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat fryer to 375°F.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, drain and let cool on a cookie sheet or plate.
- In a bowl, combine flour, paprika and salt.
- Pat potatoes dry with a paper towel and dredge in the flour until evenly covered. Shake off any excess flour.
- Place potatoes in a single layer in the frying basket, and fry, covered, for 3 to 4 minutes until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with any remaining potatoes.
- Blend parsley, oregano and garlic in a food processor. Add vinegar, salt and peppers. Slowly stream in olive oil.
- Drizzle chimichurri sauce over potatoes before serving.